So this was our big snowstorm last Friday/Saturday. We got 26" here, and we did a lot of shoveling, and Juliette thoroughly enjoyed helping. Our power went out early on Saturday morning, so I spent a good chunk of the day pondering how best to cook frozen chicken nuggets on an open fire (aluminum foil? reflector oven?). Despite the potential for using my awesome camping skills, we were all relieved when our power came back mid-afternoon. Especially because we finally got to make hot chocolate, which is an essential component of any respectable snowstorm.
This was my first big snow storm and I thought it was kind of exciting (sorry to all of you who crashed/froze/ate cold canned food in your un-powered houses). Still, I think one a year is probably sufficient. As I write, the snow is falling again - we're supposed to get another 8 to 12 inches. I think we're getting tired of being stuck in the house at this point, and since I study from home and Brittany works from home, we have no excuse not to keep on doing what we do every day. Oh well, I'm sure Juliette will enjoy it.
This is a video we shot of Juliette and our awesome snow fort. Seriously, if we ever make any enemies, we will totally be prepared.
4 comments:
That video made my day - so fun! I love Fort McLisle and Juliette is just so cute with her "ohhh" and "hep please" lol. sorry you guys still have to work during the snow - my dad works at home too, so kind of a bummer when everyone else is off.
Love it! Juliette so funny and talking so well. Great Video too. I guess Fort McLisle is being reinforced as I write. Have more fun and keep us posted. Love ya!
I want to come throw snowballs at you just so you can have an enemy for the fort. Maybe I could kidnap Juliette and then we could have a war :D
P.S. Sarah Kendall says hello, congrats on being pregnant again, and that Juliette is really cute and looks just like you.
Wow, that is a lot of snow. Yours are the first picts I've seen coming out of Virginia....Um a word about bags--I HATE BAGS. Growing up in Oregon, I suppose we didn't see enough snow to justify yearly investments in snowpants, boots, gloves, etc. The few times it would snow we'd layer cotton socks, cotton pants, more cotton socks on our hands and of course, bag up our tennis shoes as a final defense. IT NEVER WORKED and I hated looking so dorky especially on YW/YM sledding events. I was a very self-conscious tween and teen.
Although I can justify buying my children snowpants, boots, gloves, etc given the climate we live in, even if I lived in California I'd make sure my kids at least had a pair of rubber boots and some synthetic article of clothing. I've spent so much of my life hating snow for the personal and physical discomfort it caused--that won't be the case for my kids. They will grow up thinking snow is fun and friendly if you have the appropriate gear.
This is not a ran against darling Juliette's bags or your bags for that matter. It's just the image stirred up some very strong feelings from the past. Bless you.
Now I'm over it.
Love ya and Britt, I'm so impressed you are ambulating in the snow. We're almost done!
Post a Comment