Sunday, February 14, 2010

Survey Says . . .

Don't be alarmed! Yes, we are updating our blog TWICE this month, but nothing is wrong. We are just way overdue with the results of the name survey we sent out to parents and siblings. We had 11 potential respondents, with 9 actual responses. (Matt and Dad if you want to hurry in your votes we'll update this post :-P). So after narrowing it down to 14 names, we had everyone vote for their favorite three. Here are the results:

Adrienne - 1
Alice - 0
Ashley - 3
Aubrey - 2
Charis - 1
Claire - 5
Desiree - 1
Elaine - 1
Genevieve - 5
Heather - 0
Megan - 2
Rachel - 0
Rebecca - 2
Vienna - 3

We appreciate everyone's input, and welcome any friends with opinions to vote unofficially as well. We've now narrowed it down to a list of 5 names, but we're not telling which ones they are :-) We're excited for our new little girl!

4 comments:

dmaggiemay said...

So now what? Eliminate anything under three points then vote again?

Charis said...

Not that my vote counts - but I LOVE my name. I have to spell it pretty often but it does not bother me at all. I get compliments on my name all the time and who doesn't like a compliment from time to time....Excited to see what this little girl's name is. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes perfectly!

Paul McLerran said...

I still think Gertrude or Helga are better choices. That's all I have to say about that.

Liz said...

Honestly, my favorite name on that list doesn't have any votes yet- Alice! I love that name, and plan to use it w/future daughters. Merrylee was very close to being an Alice. I think we'll spell it w/a y though, Alyce. Just to modernize it a bit, and of course everyone will then think it's pronounced "Alisse". Everyone confuses how our other girls names are pronounced though, so we may as well keep up the trend. It'd just be too simple to spell them the right way. :o) Very excited for you!

By the way, Paul left out Olga, Fanny, Mabel, Phyllis, Roberta, and Mildred. No offense to any family relations or friends with inconsiderate parents who cursed their poor daughters with any of the above.