I had my first OB appointment on Thursday, at 13 weeks along, and we got a perfect strong heartbeat. So for any of you who don’t know . . . I’m pregnant!! I’m due March 20th. So this next kiddo will arrive just shy of Juliette’s 2nd birthday. We’re excited, and a little apprehensive, but mostly I am happy that I’m out of the 1st trimester, feeling good again and ready to retackle my life with my mostly restored energy. I’m thankful that so far I have had fairly easy 1st trimesters, but I still feel much relieved when I no longer have the daily nausea and the “hit by a truck” feeling of exhaustion. And luckily for me, at only 13 weeks I am already feeling much improved. (My sympathy goes out to those of you who have to endure the early pregnancy symptoms for many weeks longer than this).
So life is good, we’re doing well, I’m busy catching up with my work and Mark is back in the swing of things with school. Juliette is beautiful, learning and growing. Most recently, she’s taken to saying “no” back to me when I tell her not to do things. I usually say “no no” and wag my finger, and so now she looks at me, wags her finger and says “na na,” which is actually quite cute, even though it doesn’t keep her from doing the thing I have asked her not to do.
We took a trip about a month ago to the Shenandoah Mountains, and we’ve included some pictures of that trip. We also took a trip to the beach in Delaware to visit our friends Sarah and Rob, and we have 2 pictures from that trip. I’m also going to try to upload a little video of Juliette. We’ve gotten some random but fun footage of her in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
5 comments:
Congratulations Brittany! Glad you're feeling alright! Hey, I'm in VA now, shoot me an email, we want to make our zoo visit tomorrow, if possible! I sent you a facebook email too. I don't think I included my cell num in it though. I'll send you another message with that!
Haha I love the picture at the end. Juliette is looking at Rob like, "Uh, this guy has a beard, I don't know what to think about that..."
Glad your feeling better. Love the photos. Juliette walking on the beach is so cute. Love ya.
Hey you know, I'm not sure another kid 2 years after Juliette is a good idea. My mom and dad had a kid two years after me, and she turned out awful--really awful, trust me.
Congratulations! I am so glad you're feeling better, just thinking about those first months of pregnancy makes me gag!
You're due about the same time as Emily. :)
Post a Comment