Monday, August 20, 2012

Everybody knows....but I have to make an official blog post

In case any of you haven't heard...I'm pregnant.   Even though the word has been out for a few days and I've already posted on facebook, I felt like I had to do the obligatory blog post about it because that's fun.  I'm due March 3rd, and we (especially Jules and Vienna), are super excited.  Juliette says she wants a baby brother, and Vienna says she wants a baby sister, so someone is going to be disappointed, but what can ya do?    I have even been able to see the tiny thing already on a little ultrasound my OB did at my 9_1/2 week appointment.  I guess they have an ancient ultrasound machine at the office, so she brought it out and said we might not be able to see anything yet....but there was the blurry tiny bean, flopping around in all the room in there (enjoy that space while it lasts kiddo).   It's little heart was beating like crazy, and I once again felt that thrill at seeing your baby for the first time.  I am finally out of the 1st trimester, and am anxious to start feeling better (slowly I am, but not quite out of the woods yet).  I think we can't help but think of it as a girl, because that is what we know...but we would be thrilled to have a boy to pass on the Lisle name to.  Anyways...that's all....just wanted to say we are excited to become a family of 5 in a few months!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Congratulations!!!! I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Ben, I couldn't imagine having a baby boy, no matter how hard I tried, because to us, babies were girls!!! That's how I felt until he was born, and suddenly it all fit, and I wondered why it was hard to imagine. He felt like he was always part of our family, always our baby.

Three girls would be fun too though, it was fun in my family. Well, maybe not for my little brothers . . . but they like us now, for the most part!!! :) Congratulations Britt, I'm thrilled for you!!!!